Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lesson 11: 日本の大学生

きょかさんは子どもの時、ケーキが好きだったので、やさんになりたかったと言っていました。えい語の勉強がしたいから、アメリカに住みたがています。きょねん(last year)のクラスにねたことがあります。すごくつけれましたから。 日本の大学生はなつ休みやはる休み友だちとりょこうにと旅行に行くと言っていました。

I would like to know more about the vacations Japanese college students take. How long are these breaks, and how many do they get? I'd also like to know if the school year for a college student is different than the school year for a high school student. Does the school year start at the same time? Are vacations the same length? I'd also like to know where most Japanese college students live while attending college. Do they live in dormatories, apartments, or at home commonly?

5 comments:

  1. そうですか。ケーキやさんは女の子に人気があるしごとです。アメリカでもそうですか?

    You raised a lots of great questions about college students in Japan. We'll have a discussion in class on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammar comments:
    A2: one's desire vs. other's desire
    A4: you mean, "なつ休みやはる休みに友だちと旅行に行くと言っていました。"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. 私もたくさんクラスで寝たことがあります。クラスがとてもつまらなかったからです。
    私は日本の大学生活(Japanese college life)をたいけん(experience)してみたかったです。

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you brought up those questions--I didn't think of them when I wrote up my post, but they were all things I was curious about so I was glad we got to talk about them in class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 日本の大学の一年はアメリカのとぜんぜんちがいますね!日本の大学ではsummer seesionやJ-termがありません。

    ReplyDelete